Another pro photographer with no business sense

Started Aug 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
Photomonkey
Senior MemberPosts: 1,346Gear list
Like?
Re: The bigget problem is...
In reply to Phileas Fogg, Aug 13, 2012

Phileas Fogg wrote:

The biggest problem is that most so called pro photographers have little to no understanding about business. They can't wrap their minds around the fact that they are a business first and everything else is second, third and fourth etc. They see a few $$$ hanging before their eyes and figure it's better to grab it as I did not have it before hand. But this is a big mistake and too many (not just photographers) folks in business don't see that any money gained for exchange of products and labour must work adequately towards meeting your business planned income goals.

In a long time old I Love Lucy show, Lucy and Ethel came up with a business idea to a make and sell their own salad dressing. It became popular at the selling price. Hundreds of jars later waiting to be shipped and bags of letter and cheques from the mail wanting to buy more saw Fred and Ricky try to educate Lucy and Ethel, it turns out Lucy& Ethel were losing money on each jar sold. Lucy's (comical ) come back was that she'd make it up with volume.

SEE MY POINT FOLKS!?!

It's not just about getting paid, it's about making sure the payment equals your perceived and marketed value, products sold class and ultimate budgeted goals.

YUP!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
JeezNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow