Started Aug 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
tim81786
Forum MemberPosts: 76Gear list
Like?
Hello, Novice looking to upgrade to DSLR
Aug 13, 2012

Hello everyone this is my first post here. Photography is one of my favorite hobbies and I have been shooting with a point and shoot camera for years(most recently a Sony Cybershot 14.1mp DSC-H55) I think now photography may be something I would like to make a career out of so I am looking to get my first entry level DSLR camera. Primarily what I like to shoot are landscapes but also I like to do some portraits and I've taken pictures at sporting events and concerts too. I wouldn't have a problem changing out lenses to get the right shot vs a fixed lens camera. I have been looking at the Nikon D3200 and was amazed to see a 24.2 mp camera at a 700 dollar pricepoint. My concerns are that I noticed that this camera doesn't have image stabilization or auto focus? I would like something at this time where I can go and shoot right out of the box and enjoy it but eventually I'd learn all the manual settings. Now with landscapes I'd have the camera on a tripod so I'm not as concered about the stabilization vs the focus. Again novice here so if you all can help me answer my questions on that it would really be appreciated. I was also looking into the Canon Rebel t3i which seems to be at the top of the list review wise for an all around entry level DSLR. The Canon is auto focus and image stabilzation too. I believe thats an 18.2mp camera. Is there really all the much difference between 18-24mp besides the bigger I can blow up the picture with losing clarity. Any help be greatly appreciated : )

tim81786's gear list:tim81786's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H55 Canon EOS 600D Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 II Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II Canon Pixma Pro9000 Mark II
Canon EOS 600D (EOS Rebel T3i / EOS Kiss X5) Nikon D3200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow