New gear protection plan, your thoughts

Started Aug 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
tomface
Regular MemberPosts: 107Gear list
Like?
Re: New gear protection plan, your thoughts
In reply to Leswick, Aug 13, 2012

Leswick wrote:

Maybe I'm asking the wrong question, but how good are the lenses if they require so much protection ? I bought several lenses in the 70's (and still have couple) and with one cleaning and adjustments....they are still stellar performers. Oh, they were only warrantied for a year. Yes, it seems that someone is pulling the cash out of your wallet....at least that's the dots that I'm connecting.

Leswick

I brought up the same point, I bought a Yashica 35mm SLR in 1971 and all of the equipment is in great shape........his response was 'that was back when craftsmanship was quality, not these days where it's not near as good'.

It was at this point that I was sure that he was trying to "put me together" as the used car guys say.

I did not buy it, he explained that I had 10 days to change my mind. Yeah, right!

I was pretty sure of my decision when I left the store, but I was interested in what everbody here thought of it.

By the time I left, I really felt betrayed in a sense, too bad for them as everything they tell me in the future will be suspect in my mind.

tomface's gear list:tomface's gear list
Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow