ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
chendur
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
deal on lens vs necessity! :)
Aug 13, 2012

Hello,

I have a Canon 400D, 10-22mm, 50mm 1.8 , 28-135mm (just sold a month back) since 2006/7... After long time I upgraded a 60D, 17-50 2.8 tammy, 18-55 kit & then went ahead splurging on a 70-200 f4/IS and a 100mm 2.8 L macro in the last three months

I was just walking into a nearby Camera shop and the guy is offering me a brand new 24-105 L IS for 810 USD with bill & warranty (approx. conversion in India) which is quite good deal... A customer just bought 5D MKII with the kit lens couple of days back but didnt want the kit lens so he just sold the body alone deducting the cost of kit lens for him....(around 700 USD cheaper on the combo) and selling to me at a 100 USD markup..

he is also selling 2nd hand 60D (used for few months) with 2K actuations for 550 USD... another tempting deal

Now I am really tempted to buy this lens but torn as its not a 'need' to cover my focal lengths... Is it worth buying this lens and then sell off my 17-50 2.8? I mainly shoot streets, people and Indian marriages (well light & super bright most of the times) & started experimenting with macros... I also have few shoots coming up for infants and kids in very close family where I can't charge anyone though...!

Any thoughts on this lens & an additional body considering my collection will be greatly appreciated...!

Canon EOS 400D (EOS Digital Rebel XTi / EOS Kiss Digital X) Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 60D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow