Started Aug 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Fastfwd01
Regular MemberPosts: 300Gear list
Like?
G1X Belt loop Bag Suggestions
Aug 13, 2012

I’ve been carrying a Mrock Ozark with a Canon G6/12 for about seven years now and it’s been a great little bag for me. I’m a little concerned that even if the G1X will fit in it – that the extra heft might be too much for the Velcro belt loops and while I could sew them closed; maybe it’s time for a new bag for a new camera.

My primary use of this bag comes into play while riding my Harley and snapping some landscapes with the bike in the foreground of my travels. So, it is hanging off my belt loop in some pretty precarious situations. I like the Mrock’s little raincoat built in – it has come in handy when I don’t want to have or can’t protect it otherwise. Protection from the vibrations of riding might be a factor to consider as well.

I have noticed the Tamrac Digital Zoom lists having ‘dual foam’ as a feature, but no rain protection that I can tell. I am looking at the Tamrac 5682 Digital Zoom 2 holster case – would that otherwise be a good fit? What about with a lens hood? I’m hoping to keep the bag as compact as possible too.

Fastfwd01's gear list:Fastfwd01's gear list
Canon PowerShot G6 Canon PowerShot G1 X Canon EOS M
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow