RX100 DEAD!!! Lens stuck, will not reset.

Started Aug 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ryanide
Regular MemberPosts: 405Gear list
Like?
RX100 DEAD!!! Lens stuck, will not reset.
Aug 13, 2012

First day in Venice Italy with my new RX100 and the camera is DEAD!!!

I shot about 300 photos with it. One time when powering off the lens got stuck and the screen said, Turn off power and turn back on. I did this and it was fine.

Later I tried to turn it off and the lens got stuck again half way. I tried removing the battery, and turning it off/on, pressing play to start it, even removed the battery and plugged in the power cord. Still nothing.

It partially opened, but not all the way. Then I get the power off/on message. When I power off, it closes almost all the way less than 1/16th still out (just a little) and it keeps trying to move it in and out.

I have left it off with no power or battery for several hours, still no luck. I think it is a gonner.

Any suggestions on how to fix it? Since I'm in Italy and leaving on a cruise I don't think I can get a replacement here or send it in right now.

Good thing I brought my other camera. This is really a bummer. I'm hoping someone knows some magic button sequence to reset it... ???

: (

Ryanide's gear list:Ryanide's gear list
Sony RX100 Canon EOS-1D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 24mm f/1.4L II USM Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM +6 more
Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow