Started Aug 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
D200_4me
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,304Gear list
Like?
Is the V1 / J1 REALLY that bad???
Aug 13, 2012

I keep seeing lots of negative comments from people who probably have never shot with the J1 or V1 and it got me wondering. Are MY V1 shots really that crappy? I don't think so. I've seen many other people on here and other web sites post really excellent photos from these cameras. No, it's not a high ISO D700 killer, but the high ISO is really pretty good on these cameras.

Wide mix of V1 photos:
http://www.openbloom.com/GEAR-Etc-1/Nikon-1-V1/19648888_Nn5D4F

Air Force museum photos (higher ISO):

http://www.openbloom.com/VACATION-AND-SHORT-TRIPS/MUSEUMS-ZOOS/US-Air-Force-Museum-Nikon-V1/21029581_xcd28D

Anyway, in case some people haven't seen my own examples, there ya go. Like I said, there are LOTS of people on here that post excellent photos from these cameras, so what gives? Why never-ending whining about the J1/V1? YES, we know...it 'could be more'....but it is what it is for now. Maybe they'll improve the next version of the V1 to give enthusiasts more controls and maybe even an improved sensor? Maybe. We'll see. But even as is, it's really a good camera. Sometimes I start feeling bummed out about my V1 after reading all the complaints (from people who don't use the camera, mainly) but then I pick it up and use it and realize once again for myself, that I really do enjoy using it and sometimes even more so than my Olympus E-M5. Sometimes

-- hide signature --
 D200_4me's gear list:D200_4me's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Olympus E-M1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +1 more
Nikon 1 J1 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
P.S.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow