TG-1 Indoor Sports

Started Aug 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
Mike Plagge
Forum MemberPosts: 97
Like?
Re: TG-1 Indoor Sports
In reply to PerL, Aug 13, 2012

That is true but some compacts are much better suited than others. My wife doesn't care to use my DSLR (or even a bridge camera) so we want something as small as possible. From what I have seen the TG-1 is fairly small and can take good indoor action shots. I went and played with it at Best Buy and found it to be pretty good at keeping the shutter speed at 1/500 inside of best buy without the flash on. I know there are some IQ concerns with any compact. Heck, even my DSLR (Canon T2i) isn't perfectly suited for indoor action shots. I could certainly benefit from something with a higher FPS as well as a better lens for shorter range shots. I have a 70-200 2.8 but using the kit lens for shorter stuff. Money is an issue so I am just trying to get the best I can with the money I have available.

I found a used Elph 500 for $110 with a case on ebay so I ordered that and will look at the TG-2 next year. Thanks to everyone for their suggestions. I try to make informed decisions but it's always good to hear others' opinions and get their feedback.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow