TG-1 Indoor Sports

Started Aug 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Mike Plagge
Mike Plagge OP Forum Member • Posts: 97
Re: TG-1 Indoor Sports

That is true but some compacts are much better suited than others. My wife doesn't care to use my DSLR (or even a bridge camera) so we want something as small as possible. From what I have seen the TG-1 is fairly small and can take good indoor action shots. I went and played with it at Best Buy and found it to be pretty good at keeping the shutter speed at 1/500 inside of best buy without the flash on. I know there are some IQ concerns with any compact. Heck, even my DSLR (Canon T2i) isn't perfectly suited for indoor action shots. I could certainly benefit from something with a higher FPS as well as a better lens for shorter range shots. I have a 70-200 2.8 but using the kit lens for shorter stuff. Money is an issue so I am just trying to get the best I can with the money I have available.

I found a used Elph 500 for $110 with a case on ebay so I ordered that and will look at the TG-2 next year. Thanks to everyone for their suggestions. I try to make informed decisions but it's always good to hear others' opinions and get their feedback.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow