Sigma 8-16 or 10-20, or another alternative

Started Aug 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
hakan_wikstrom
Regular MemberPosts: 272
Like?
Re: Sigma 8-16 or 10-20, or another alternative
In reply to Karthor, Aug 13, 2012

The Sigma 10-20 f/4.0-5.6 is great value in my opinion. I used to own it and tested it side by side with a Canon 10-22. While the Canon was better, the price difference suggested it would be worlds better... So I went with the Sigma and was very happy with my purchase. The build quality and physical feel of the lens was pretty much outstanding for the price, and the image quality was good with fine colors.

There are several Tokina options that are well worth looking into as well, like their 11-16 f/2.8. Their wide angle zooms are very good value and while auto focus may be slower than on the Canon 10-22 that rarely is an issue with ultra wides.

Also make sure that if you are going to use filters on your ultra wide, use very good quality filters! A poor or mediocre filter can easily ruin the performance of a good lens. I have found this is particularly true for ultra wide lenses (again, in my opinion).

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow