How many new member to this forum because of RX100?

Started Aug 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
WT21
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,660Gear list
Like?
RX100 is my first Sony compact since the W5
In reply to Amateur Sony Shooter, Aug 13, 2012

I had a 1+MP Sony CyberShot purchased in 2000 or 2001 that interpolated in-camera to 2 or 3PM. That was when CD burning cameras were cool (this wasn't one of them, but I remember those cameras). Then, briefly I had a W5 (around 2005?). That's been it. Otherwise, it was all Canon ELPHs, then Canon DSLRs then m43, with a two brief looks at NEX.

I am astounded by the RX100. Wonderful little pocket rocket.

Amateur Sony Shooter wrote:

I am a regular DSLR user (Sony A900 and Canon 7D) and have/had quite a few good P&S cameras (F10, S90, G12, XZ-1). I never considered Sony Cyber-shot as serious P&S, until RX100 came out of nowhere. Gosh what a camera! I have had it for over a week now and still amazed by its output and overall usability. I am sure I am not the only one here. Looks like RX100 attracted many new users to Sony, and it has the potential to act like the original iPod to bring many people to Apple world, and turn around Apple's fortune. So count me in as one happy Cyber-shot user.

WT21's gear list:WT21's gear list
Sony RX100 Olympus PEN E-P3 Sony Alpha NEX-6 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow