Started Aug 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Kirwin
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,970
Like?
Bounce that RX100 flash!
Aug 13, 2012

I took along my lil' RX100 for it's first test at a local club event.

The first shots taken were without flash in very low lighting. Needless to say, they all came out poor just like this capture...

Next I gave the pop-up flash a try. As expected, the foreground subjects were 'blown out' and far subjects became enveloped in darkness. The uneven lighting did not produce any pleasing images...

After that unsuccesfull test, I gave the flash a gentle push down with my thumb, until I reached resistance right before closing, and then slid my thumb towards the back until the flash head pivoted up towards the ceiling. I began to fire away and was rewarded with beautifully exposed images...

There were no special settings used to capture these unprocessed jpegs. The camera was set to program auto, for quick easy snapshots.

I don't know if Sony's engineers designed the flash so the consumer could 'bounce' the lighting off a ceiling... But this has to be one of the best features available on any small compact.

Give it a try. You'll be pleased with the results.
--

Regards,
Kirwin
http://timebandit.smugmug.com

Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NT;New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow