Installing SSD - Lightroom 4.1 Set Up

Started Aug 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
Birk Binnard
Senior MemberPosts: 1,668
Like?
Re: Installing SSD - Lightroom 4.1 Set Up
In reply to George Paulides, Aug 13, 2012

1. 120GB SSD should be plenty adequate to hold your OS and all your applications. (Mine is 64GB, more than a year old, and is only abotu half full.)

2. In general put all applications and their requires software on the SSD, but all user data on the HDD. This should give you very close to maximum performance while at the same time limiting the number of write operations that the SSD has to handle.

"All user data" means all your photo/video files, My Documents stuff, email folders, the Windows Page and Hibernate files, and anything else that isn't actual software. In my case I also configured the Windows Temp pointer to point to a directory on my HDD.

When installing Windows on the SSD be sure to change your BIOS disk access method to AHCI because Windows needs this to enable the Trim command. And you will of course install Win7-64, yes?

PS: you will be amazed at how much an SSD improves your overall system performance.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow