Canon's new 61 pt AF system (1DX, 5D3) smokes Nikon

Started Aug 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
Mikael Risedal
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,326
Like?
Re: this is HUGE
In reply to EOSHQ, Aug 13, 2012

When I explained how bad Canon 5dmk2 AF was there were many fanboys who screamed loudly. The variations were large in a series of images
When Rob G talked about 1dmk3 poor AF it was the same thing

I have a D800 since maj and have had access to also a 800E during the summer, none of these has incorrect AF.

Regarding shooting Canons 85/1,2mk2 without any variations at 1,2 = thats impossible, nor the lens AFmotor or the camera AF system has better tolerance than F 2.8, possibly 2.0 at right conditions .

Try to that with 50/1, 4 where the motor ratio and imprecise construction makes its impossible to get a series of crisp pictures = focal plane at the absolutely same place

EOSHQ wrote:

We heave known for months now that despite having a great sensor the D800 is not a great camera, the focus system is but one reason.

But for Lloyd, one of the most fervent Nikon supporters in the world to actually come out and tell the truth about it is wow... just wow... that is a very strong statement, it's Ashton Kutcher HUGE.

Nikon's failure to execute a proper camera design with the D800 is EPIC.

I can hear wailing and gnashing of teeth of the Nikon fanboi trolls who constantly pollute this forum from a mile away. This one will be fun unless it gets drowned in the denial.

-- hide signature --

Life is a battle wishes aunt Titti

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow