Started Aug 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
andy792
Regular MemberPosts: 474Gear list
Like?
Fringed tulips and Nikon macro on 5D3
Aug 13, 2012

Yesterday, when shooting flowers in the Sydney botanic garden, I had a chat with a 5D3 guy, who was using the Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G. Even though he also had the Canon 100mm L macro, in his bag, he used Nikkor for flower shots. According to him, the Nikkor macro delivers a much better IQ and micro-contrast comparing with the Canon.

He even tried to show me the IQ difference on the LCD viewer, but it was difficult to judge so tiny images.

Did someone try the Nikkor macro on the 5D2/5D3? Is it really better than the genuine Canon macro lineup on the Canon bodies?

BTW, these are a few tulip images from my yesterday's walk and older rhododendrons (5D2 with the 70-200 f/2.8 II). It was the 1st day of opening fringed tulips. Just wanted to share.

andy792's gear list:andy792's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM +5 more
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow