Started Aug 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
danfm
New MemberPosts: 2Gear list
Like?
Transferring photos from NEX 5N buffer
Aug 12, 2012

Went on an outdoor trip recently that I was looking forward for for quite a time. Not until I had arrived there, I have realized that I left my SD card in my card reader at home. Can't describe properly the level of my devastation at that point.

When I recovered from the shock, it crossed my mind that a floor model of a NEX 5N camera in a Blacks store that I was playing with before purchasing my NEX 5N also did not have the the memory card. When I mentioned that to a salesman he went to get a card, he put it in and then he said "...good thing about NEX 5N is that automatically transfers images made without the card from the internal memory to a card once the card is inserted".

So, hoping this would happen to me (meaning the auto transfer), and not knowing the real size of the buffer/internal memory, I limited shooting to about a dozen photos. They are quite good and really valuable to me.

When I got home, sure enough my SD card was in the reader, I had put it in the NEX and - nothing happened, no images got transferred. Not sure if I was missing any step that the Blacks sales guy did.

How can I get those images from the buffer/internal memory to a card (or PC)?
Thanks

danfm's gear list:danfm's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow