Toshiba Camileo Z100 3D Camcorder Sample stills & video

Started Aug 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
electrosim2001
Forum MemberPosts: 69
Like?
Re: Toshiba Camileo Z100 3D Camcorder Sample stills & video
In reply to 3DMOVIEMAN, Aug 12, 2012

3DMOVIEMAN wrote:

If I had to choose one I would say the Z100, it has a larger stereo base 30mm (3D Bloggie has 20mm) handheld the video is more stable and the Z100 has a larger screen (it's easier to see outdoors) The 3D Bloggie has a built in memory of 8 gigs and a built in rechargeable battery, the Z100 uses SD cards & rechargeable batteries that can be swapped if needed. The Z100 is bigger than the Bloggie and therefor not as easy to put in a pocket and take along. The Bloggie shoots 1920 X 1080 stills, the Z100 shoots 3, 5 & 16 megapixel stills (16 megapixel stills interpolated) you have more to work with if you need to do cropping and alignment with the Z100 stills. You get the 720 p 60 fps mode with the Z100 and the tripod mount on the Z100 is where it should be (3D Bloggie users will know what I am talking about)

Herman Dijkhuis wrote:

which camera would you go for, Sony Bloggie 3D or the Toshiba Z100? Why?
Pros and cons?
--
Best regards, Herman

I bought a Z100 direct from Toshiba, and I quite liked it, but it had one feature I just couldn't accept. Every time I switched it to standby, by closing the LCD screen, and then switched it back on, it defaulted to 2D. This meant powering on, which is quick, but then switching modes, 2D to 3D, which is anything but quick. That was the deal breaker so it went back for refund.

I didn't find the video much different from the video shot on my Bloggie.

However whilst the Z100 has a wider ia ( Z100 30mm, Bloggie 20mm ) the stereo window is set closer on the Bloggie which makes its 3D seem deeper as you appear to be looking through the screen.

The Z100 screen was bigger though, and yes it really features a stereo mic/line-in socket.

It's nicely made, for the money, and it has a zoom which although digital, could be useful, on accasions. It's a touch bulky for pocketing and suitable really for a jacket pocket, having been built wide enough to accomodate its 30mm ia.

On balance I would still probably opt for the Bloggie even if the Z100 didn't keep defaulting to 2D, because it is so convenient ( it fits into a shirt pocket ) and takes excellent video and stills that look great on my 51" plasma TV.

I now own a Panasonic 3D1 but I'm still keeping the Bloggie, it's just so handy.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow