Started Aug 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
richard stern
Regular MemberPosts: 445
Like?
1st few days with OM-D EM5, real life 8 pics - birds and others
Aug 12, 2012

I have had my OM-D with 12-50 and Panny 100-300 lenses for a grand total of 4 days now, and I'm still on the learning curve and experimenting with settings. However, I thought people might be interested in seeing some early examples - the 1st 4 are with the Oly 12-50, the other 4 with the Panny 100-300. All were shot as jpegs, and all have had optimal sharpening and other adjustments (usually auto-tone) in LR4. The birds are mostly cropped. I have shown them this way because it's what I do in real life to get the best possible final result. They do seem to need minimal pp-ing. Next I'll have to shoot some Raw and see how they compare. So far these results compare very favourably to my Nikon D7000 with 18-200 and 300 f/4 pictures, in a much more portable and comfortable package. (click the pic to enlarge)

Richard

-- hide signature --

Richard (rb_stern),
http://www.pbase.com/rb_stern
richard-s.smugmug.com

Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow