Trigger For capturing lightning

Started Aug 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
Chas Tennis
Contributing MemberPosts: 635
Like?
Re: did i dream this???
In reply to also el, Aug 12, 2012

also el wrote:

.................................................................................
some time in the last year a post was made that suggested the following...

the writer said that with his camera on bulb exposure, he could close the shutter and process only the last few seconds of the exposure thus minimizing the long process for noise reduction (wait for good strike, then close shutter) did i dream that or is it possible on some cameras?

el

I hardly do any still photography so I'm uncertain of this operation mode. My Casio FH100 camera has some continuous recording modes for video and stills that I have never used. These modes basically record continuously and then after the random event the trigger is pressed to save only the last so many frames. Maybe with the MANUAL exposure control for shutter speed and time between frames you could get the camera to be always ready and save just the frame (or 2) with the lightning. ? If interested I'd suggest that you ask on the Casio Talk forum and download the user's manual for the FH100 from Casio support.

Chas Tennis

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow