Started Aug 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Doublehelix
Contributing MemberPosts: 798Gear list
Like?
Black Rapid Camera Straps
Aug 12, 2012

I wasn't sure where to post this. I thought about the Accessories forum, but it is not well attended...

I am looking at getting one of the Black Rapid camera straps for my D800, most likely the Curve model.

http://www.blackrapid.com/product/camera-strap/rs-7/

How do folks feel about the design of this strap? It worries me a bit in that it screws into the tripod mounting screw hole. Is this secure enough? Is a single attachment point enough?

I am also doubly worried because I plan on buying a vertical grip for the D800, and now I have a grip screwed into the camera and a strap screwed into the grip.

I love the design however and the way it feels and works... I just was hoping for some feedback one way or the other on reliability and stability.

Thanks!

-- hide signature --

James

Doublehelix's gear list:Doublehelix's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G +2 more
Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow