Pentax Q or LX5 in addition to K-5 for USA roundtrip?

Started Aug 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
kdre
New MemberPosts: 10
Like?
Pentax Q or LX5 in addition to K-5 for USA roundtrip?
Aug 12, 2012

Hi,

I know that im in the Pentax section and that the opinions here are probably biases towards Pentax Q, but anyway I will ask

In three weeks I will do a roundtrip in the usa (Las vegas, San Diego, Gran Canyon etc.). Currently my only camera is the Pentax K-5. However, sometimes it is just to heavy to carry around (e.g. in the evening when I just want to walk around, drink a beer and so on). Thus, I want to buy a compact camera as companion.

Until a few days ago I was deciding between S100 (for its compactness) and LX5 (my favorite, but unfortunately bigger than S100).

By chance I stumbled across the Pentax Q and I seem to like it even more. It seems to be so much more fun to use this camera than a "computer with a screen". Hard decision now

I think I would only have the 01 prime and nothing else and the camera around my body with a strap when walking around. Do you think that only one focal length is a too limiting factor? Does it make more sense to buy a LX5 for its flexibility?

My heart says Q,
my mind LX5.

Too which one should I listen?

Klaus

Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
+1!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow