First shot with a GA645ZI Film is not Dead yet =)

Started Aug 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
beckmarc
Regular MemberPosts: 101
Like?
Re: Nice
In reply to Faintandfuzzy, Aug 12, 2012

Great camera I have just bought one too. I love slide film such as velvia and the now defunct Kodak 100VS. I love the bright vibrant colours. Don't get me wrong digital is a great leap forward in so many ways but film is still special. The Fujifilm GA645zi is an excellent imaging making tool. Medium format is hard to beat in all but higher end digital even still. My approach is to shoot the wonderful films that are still being made as who knows what the future will hold. Digital will continue to improve and evolve.

I recommend the Nikon coolscan range of film scanners although they are no longer in production. The 9000ED is excellent. If you can afford a $20,000+ scanner then the hasselblad range of flat bed film scanners are excellent (or find a prolab who use one or something similar).

I also have the Fujifilm GF670 which is still being sold new and it is a medium format rangefinder. lots of fun.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow