X-10 or Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 ?

Started Jul 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
john10001
Contributing MemberPosts: 621
Like?
Re: X-10 or Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 ?
In reply to 2raj, Aug 12, 2012

2raj wrote:

I chose the LX5 a few months ago after reading about the Orbs on the X10. Very happy with the image quality and features of the camera; only wish it had a manual zoom like the X10

If the LX7 is anything like the LX5, it will be a very good camera.
--
Just a Pixelpusher, currently experimenting with Fuji HS10 and Panasonic LX5

I've yet to see full review for LX7 and sample shots of what it can do. In some areas they have moved forwards, but in others backwards.

Looking on this forum at just a few of the X10 photos posted I am very impressed. It is certainly a value proposition. LX7 no longer really an advanced compact for me anymore as it has increased in size over LX5 which was already at the red line for me and edge of what I'd consider compact in size. Now LX7 has crossed that line so as far as size goes it would be a shootout between LX7 and X10.

There are a couple other cameras to consider though and Sony RX100 to me looks like being the one to go for if money is no object. For me it and many people it unfortunately is at the moment in these difficult times. I may hold onto my LX5 for now. I don't think I would be able to justify the LX7. If I could justify it I would probably justify a bit more and jump ship to Sony. Who mentioned Samsung? Will be interesting to see if there is anything from them worth looking at too. I think if you're not concerned about pocketability then X10 is better value over LX7.

-- hide signature --

Kind Regards,

John

Born in the United Kingdom of Great Britain. I reject EU citizenship.

Pentax Espio Mini / Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 / Now someone please sell me their K-5 on eBay for a low price ;)!
_ _

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow