Started Aug 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
privater
Regular MemberPosts: 157Gear list
Like?
Check out my pimped RX100.
Aug 12, 2012

I want to share this great sticker with you, it's so great, and I think it's worth a try.

First, I really don't have the interest of Richard Franiec grip(no offence, it's just not my type) I like the RX100's boxy body which mimic to Leica, but this grip just make it looks like a camera from Panasonic. I only need some accessory not so destructible to the original design.

So I start to search alternatives from internet, then I found this in a news and lucky found the Japan seller on eBay.

This little sticker comes really quick, by airmail within 1 week from Japan to US.
So the sticker itself is simple, just like a screen protector in disguise

on the back there is a detailed instruction. I think the item itself is pretty straight forward.

So, here is the item inside, 4 stickers with double sided tape

My camera before the surgery.

After I finish the bottom half, the result is really amazing!

The concave just leave the Zeiss logo with it's particular round bottom shape.

it's matched so perfect, just like a original accessory. And I no longer worry about losing this precious Zeiss logo in a long run

The rubber feels great, unlike NEX-7, D800's rubber grip, it's more like a leather feel, and put some pressure on it, you can feel the feedback. So it's definitely not a paper sticker.

The curve is exactly match my RX100, again, it impressed me.

So this is the final result, with 4 sticker on.

The sticker is perfectly match the camera, you can't even find the gap between bottom and top stickers.

Now my RX100 looks a brand new breed.

Looks and feels just catch up with my expectation.

here is the little gem with his big brother.

I don't know what "Zeiss" mean to you, but its products definitely fit my aesthetic.

two photos on today's journey

privater's gear list:privater's gear list
Sony RX1 Sony RX100 Fujifilm X100S Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony SLT-A77 +16 more
Nikon D800 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow