Post Your Favorite UniWB Recorded Images

Started Aug 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
Detail Man
Forum ProPosts: 14,837
Like?
Re: Post Your Favorite UniWB Recorded Images
In reply to gollywop, Aug 12, 2012

gollywop wrote:

DM, I really like your noir sylvan style. It's got a solid and calm essence that makes one really feel the scene. The detail and care give one to know the meaning of your name.

The same care of lighting and processing are to be seen in the flowers, but I'm not sure the subject might not warrant a bit more brightness. The delicacy of the open rose is simply delightful. Lovely work.

Glad to hear that you enjoy some of them ! As to the "brightness", I recall that we were at one point discussing our monitor calibrations, and I mentioned that my calibration was (at least, when the mercury-vapor backlight was new) at around 120 cd/m^2 maximum luminance. As I recall, you reported to me that (at least one of your) monitor(s) was calibrated to a lower luminance (seemed like it may have been somewhwere in the 80s in cd/m^2) ? That would be around a 1/2 EV difference. It goes to show how one monitor's luminance cannot anticipate other monitor views ...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow