Started Aug 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
LeonardoG
Regular MemberPosts: 404Gear list
Like?
A57 vs A580
Aug 11, 2012

Hi. Once again looking for advice. I recently went full frame and purchased Canon 5D MK3 with L lenses. Superb shooting machine but (there is always a but, isn't there?) Full frame is very heavy for my aging body. I was in my local camera shop where another prospective customer was trying out an A57 with 28-75 f/2.8 lens. he eventually left but I was impressed with the construction quality and after playing around with the combo was very impressed by the speed and accuracy of focus. The combo is a great size and weight for me. I have an old A580 with 16-80 Zeiss lens which is a nice combo but have become spoiled by the newer sensor capability. Anyone who has shot with both and can give me your viewpoint on this subject? I should mention that I shoot aperture priority, never use flash, take many indoor shots of cathedrals at fairly high ISO's, etc.
--
LenG

LeonardoG's gear list:LeonardoG's gear list
Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-140mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR
Canon EOS 5D Sony SLT-A57 Sony SLT-A58
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow