Beta-testers for camera manufactures (anyone)???

Started Aug 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Digart
Senior MemberPosts: 2,742Gear list
Like?
Beta-testers for camera manufactures (anyone)???
Aug 11, 2012

On a daily basis we learn about cameras being shipped by various camera manufactures that fall in the lap of a buyers who are relegated to spend precious time beta-testing the gear. All too often, the gear has to be shipped back to the dealer, because it was learned to be defective. My question is: What happened to QA? And what happened to well documented manuals that cover all bases?

Case in point, I had to return two cameras with lenses this past two months, due to defective equipment. The Fuji X-10 that I received was crippled by orbs and an array of other annoying gremlins. The OM-D w/ 14-42 mm IIR lens had a defective lens.

In fact, while I"m on the subject, both the Fuji X-100 and the X-Pro 1 were released before they were ready for prime time (as are many other brands). I think it's time that camera companies take stock and pay their new owners a salary for beta-testing their gear or pay more attention to QA and not just hire more marketing personnel.

I suspect UPS and Fed-X must be doing a booming business with all the gear traveling back and forth across the globe. :)))

-- hide signature --

Digart

Digart's gear list:Digart's gear list
Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 II ASPH Mega OIS
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow