Started Aug 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
davek729
Junior MemberPosts: 27
Like?
Overexposure and Err Problem
Aug 11, 2012

I have a D300s and have had it for the past 2+ years. The camera has 2 problems, but they may be unrelated. I've been getting the pesky "err" messages for a couple of months. It does not seem to effect my ability to continue to take pictures, but obviously signals a problem. I'm told it could be the contacts. I've tried to clean them, but have not been successful. I will take my camera in for a cleaning. I want to resolve that problem, but it isn't all that serious.

My other problem is that I recently noticed that my camera will overexpose images--no matter what the setting. I will endeavor to reduce the light as much as possible (e.g., shutter speed, aperture, exposure compensation) to no avail. I've had the problem with an 85 1.8 lens and a recently purchased 70-200m VRII, but not on a 70-300mm. It could be a setting, but I can't think of one. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Nikon D300S
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow