E-M5: how to get Fuji X-Pro1 Astia look?

Started Aug 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
Brooks Lester
Senior MemberPosts: 1,865Gear list
Like?
I like my OM-D but skin tones, even from RAW, don't please me as much as Fuji X's
In reply to hmzppz, Aug 11, 2012

My now-sold X100 and kept X10 create gorgeous jpeg files - I don't/didn't shoot either camera in RAW - I liked the jpeg skin tones so much I was willing to give up some IQ in other areas.

The OM-D files are very nice, and I like their color rendering, but it's not Fuji color and white balance, which to me, is the most pleasing and film-like of the digital cameras. Especially skin tones. Fuji seems to have figured out not how to necessarily deliver the most accurate color, but instead, how to deliver the most filmic and subjectively pleasing color - to me, and at least a few others.

That being said, my OM-D is a very nice camera and Fuji does not offer equivalent focussing performance nor a lens like the Lumix Vario 7-14mm. I'm keeping my OM-D. Maybe the next generation of large sensor X-series cameras will evolve far enough to tempt me back - and I still have the X10.

Brooks Lester's gear list:Brooks Lester's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Fujifilm X10 Olympus OM-D E-M5 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow