Started Aug 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jerry Pruce
Contributing MemberPosts: 715
Like?
I got scammed...
Aug 11, 2012

Saw a deal on the Cameratown newsletter, $849 w/ free shipping for a D7000 at BestPricePhoto.com. In their add it said it came with all the factory stuff and had a USA warranty. I called to confirm. The sales rep. Micky said yes, everything in the ad was correct. He did try to sell me an extra battery but really didn't put the hard sell on me for that or anything else. I went ahead and bought the camera.

Got it in the mail today. No problem on the shipping. The factory box had been previously opened. When I checked to see if everything was there. Low and behold, the charger plug was European. No operating manual or warranty card. The box said EP not USA. I checked the camera out and it looked brand new.

It was too late to get a hold of them and they're not open on the weekend, so it will have to wait until Monday.

I didn't do my homework.....my bad.

For now I will give them the benefit of the doubt. Maybe they'll do the right thing. But from some the reviews of people who have done business with them, I'm probably going to have put up with some BS and go through some hoops to get my money back.

We'll see....

jerry

Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Yep!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow