Wisley Gardens today.....SX40

Started Aug 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
AndyPerry
New MemberPosts: 18Gear list
Like?
Re: Wisley Gardens today.....SX40
In reply to BobT, Aug 11, 2012

BobT wrote:

Very nice images. But this brings up a question about the SX40 and close-up(AKA: macro) shooting.

As I understand it, you can set the camera for "Macro", but need to have FL set for full width......no zoom? Correct? With this setting you must be VERY close to your subject.

But if you choose to use the full zoom length(150mm), you do NOT set the camera to "macro", but to "normal"?

How far back must one be for the closest that you can get to your subject when using full zoom? Will the camera fail to produce it's "focus beep" confirmation sound if you are too close?

Thanks

Ok BobT, I don't use macro mode at all just have camera on full zoom with 2.0 TC and aperture priority set all saved in my C1 setting.You need to be about 5 or 6 feet away for this to work well the camera just won't focus when closer and you don't get focus confirmation, I also use the evf as I,am a glasses wearer and just hate to keep swapping out to my reading glasses.

AndyPerry's gear list:AndyPerry's gear list
Canon SX220 HS Canon PowerShot SX40 HS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow