Started Aug 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Clark95
Regular MemberPosts: 461
Like?
My Third D800 with Left Af- ARGHHH!
Aug 11, 2012

Just received my third D800 body, and once again has the left AF problem. It was delievered to a family members house, so I tested there just to see, which is why I didn't use a chart or anything. I don't think I need to, because it does the same thing as the other bodies. I know people will comment I am testing wrong, that I should show a test with a horizontal lines target, which I'll probably will do in hopes it's me, but I am certain it's not. The right side was spot on sharp (not included in this image), so if it is the target, not sure why it would be only the left.

The top image is through viewfinder. The bottom through Live View. It's also not just the far left, but a good portion of the left side is out of focus. I wanted to see how much I had to stop down for it to not be apparent, and it was at about f9- to f11 where it was no longer
noticeable.

Taken on tripod, mirror up, with cable release. Live view underexposed a bit- not sure why- may have forgotten to close the viewfinder.

I can't believe this is the third body I've received and it has the same problem. I'll use a test chart, but I am sure I'll be returning this. Last time I spoke to amazon, they said they would take back the other items I purchased- battery grip, extra battery and charger. So I'll just have one battery, the Lbracket, and a strap I purchased elsewhere I will be left with. Hopefully in a few months it will be sorted out. This has turned into a pathetic joke.

Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow