Started Aug 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Seedeich
Contributing MemberPosts: 889
Like?
V1 vs. RX100 - user experience
Aug 10, 2012

Went a walk with the highly acclaimed Sony RX100 this late afternoon with the sun getting low. Nice camera. It can take pictures.

I struggled to see what I was doing on the LCD. Couldn’t see the thin black focus rectangle. The aperture somehow changed on it’s own. Or did I bump the front control dial? The exposure is pretty inconsistent. Really nice purple flare in backlight and no way to mount a hood. And no way to shade it with the hand when you have to shoot through a fence.

Then I needed a longer focal length and pulled out my V1 with the 30-110mm - What a relief!

Suddenly I could see what I was doing in the EVF. Could see the thick white focus rectangle. Could precisely zoom manually.

The user experience is a totally different one. From guessing, uncertainty, hoping for the best with the RX100 to being in control with the V1.

I’m not discussing IQ, as it makes no sense without RAW support for the RX100. I’m neither doubting, that one can learn to live with the quirks of the RX100 and produce great work with it.

I’m just sharing the huge difference in user experience that I felt when shooting.

-- hide signature --
Nikon 1 V1 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow