Started Aug 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
RoelHendrickx
Forum ProPosts: 22,217
Like?
Happy with 70-300 telephoto: "Layers of Mountains"
Aug 10, 2012

For a long time I had thought I was not going to buy any more FT lenses (not because they are not good or "the system is dead" , but because I really thought I had what I needed or even wanted).

But then I did buy one more : the ZD70-300mm telephoto lens .

I actually bought it mostly because I thought it would be a good budget telephoto solution for my recently acquired E-M5 (and it is).

But the added benefit, of course, is that I also can use it on the regular FT E-cameras.

So for a recent trip to the French CĂ©vennes region, I decided to give my E-3 another spin in the woods (it had been neglected a bit because of the E-5).

And I decided to take the new ZD70-300mm instead of my trusted ZD50-200mm.

The SG lens is quite a bit slower, of course, and probably not as sharp, but it does the job well.

Here is a photo shot with the ZD70-300mm at its 70mm position, one morning when I took a cool early drive up a mountain pass, and was pleased to reach some points where I had great views over the valleys and hills, resulting in some shots that one could call "Layers of Mountains":

I'll get around to processing some more from this very productive morning (including more zoomed-in and thus even more compressed, layered views) and will probably post a series on Zenfolio, but this is the first that I wanted to share.

My conclusion is that the ZD70-300mm is a pretty amazing telephoto solution: probably among the best values-for-money available for that kind of reach.

-- hide signature --

Roel Hendrickx

lots of images : http://www.roelh.zenfolio.com

my E-3 user field report from Tunisian Sahara: http://www.biofos.com/ukpsg/roel.html

Olympus E-3 Olympus E-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow