Started Aug 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Charles Pike
Senior MemberPosts: 1,227Gear list
Like?
working photographers uptown Charlotte
Aug 10, 2012

You never know when you are going to run into another photographer working in uptown Charlotte. I try to take a picture when I know that I am not going to get in their way. I often ask, and most don’t mind if I take a picture of them taking a picture. Sometimes I will take one of the subject as well.

Here a magazine photographer is taking a picture of a model to place inside the magazine he works for. He looked at my camera, the Panasonic GF1 and said it was ok to shoot. Most people don’t realize just how good the m 4/3 cameras are, but they will.

' /

There is a small park in uptown called the green. I have seen many photographers taking pictures here both of models and brides. The local community college has students taking pictures here from time to time.

' /

At the very center of uptown Charlotte, is the square. The large disk, shown in this photo is a very popular spot to have a photo taken. In fact, I have never been here that someone hasn’t taken a picture of people that they are with at this spot. Here a bride and her photographer have come to take a wedding photo on a very windy day.

' /

' /

Then there was the model photographer who I saw taking pictures during the lunch hour. She didn’t see me taking the pictures but the model did. Afterwards, when she was done taking the photo I let her know that I had taken her picture. She didn’t mind.

' /

These are all taken with a Panasonic m 4/3 camera. At last nights Camera Club meeting, we had someone from the last remaining camera store in Charlotte talk to us. He feels that the DX cameras will not be with us long, as these small cameras have output every bit as good as the DX. When someone asked if the camera companies were going to just do away with them, he said no, that we wouldn't buy them. P&S will be replaced with your phone, DX with mirrorless, and then Full Frame for the pros.

Thanks for looking.

http://www.photosbypike.com

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow