D3200 I like it

Started Aug 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
TFergus
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,188
Like?
Re: These need help
In reply to aroundomaha, Aug 10, 2012

aroundomaha wrote:

You're entitled to your opinion. Just be careful about drawing conclusions about the shots from limited "webified" versions.

The clients loved them and the opinion of the customer is what matters in this case. The background is purposely strong and a matter of personal taste.

I don't know squat about model mayhem. These are real products for real clients and you are drawing conclusions in this regard that you don't have enough insight to do so.

Maybe he's wrong about model mayhem, which I never would have thought MM with these..... these definitely look like senior pics.

But he has every right to comment on the quality of the images you post.

You posted them in a public forum and (unless you are new here) should expect critique whether you ask for it or not.

ESPECIALLY.... when you use shots as backing to some point you are trying to make.

When someone wants to say how good their camera is.... they better post some nice shots to help back that statement.

What makes these "webified" versions ?

Does posting them on the web make the backgrounds more distracting? The lighting more harsh on the face? Or add HDR/Clarity to a female image making it look masculine ?

You have every right to shoot what/how you want.... and people have every right to comment on them when you post them.

Not insulting you or your work.... but he has a very good point.

Toccata47 wrote:

It's all too easy to say "pro" to add credence, but if you actually are working toward a photo business you need to get your basics under control. These are really overexposed (people shots), motion blurred, oddly processed and the flash, when used, is really harsh. The backdrop for your studio shot is so aggressive it draws the eye from the subject. Model mayhm is a cool resource but free shoots don't make you a "pro".

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow