Started Aug 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Sten E
Senior MemberPosts: 1,470Gear list
Like?
Canon 5D Mark III or Nikon D800?
Aug 10, 2012

I have a Pentax K-5 DSLR and a compact Canon G1X, and I am satisfied with both of them. I take several kinds of pictures: travel, landscape, people, street, macro, and more.

I am thinking now and then of getting still better gear with greater DR, better IQ, and better low light capability. I would accept shallower DOF.

I have considered the Nikon D800 but now I hesitate due to quality issues like AF faults. I have good experience with my old Canon 20D. The Canon 5D Mark III seems to have no great issues. I am aware of some technical differences between the D800 and the 5D Mark III, like megapixels etc. Economy is no great deal to me. If I buy a bigger camera, I would probably keep my present gear too.

Any views on the IQ of D800 versus the 5D Mark III?

-- hide signature --

Best regards,

Sten

Sten E's gear list:Sten E's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X Pentax K-5 Pentax smc DA 18-135mm F3.5-5.6ED AL [IF] DC WR Sigma 70mm F2.8 EX DG Macro Sigma 10-20mm F3.5 EX DC HSM +1 more
Canon EOS 20D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Nikon D800 Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow