Panasonic Lumix is thinking on a GX camera with EVF and IBIS ...

Started Aug 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Aleo Veuliah
Forum ProPosts: 14,466Gear list
Like?
Panasonic Lumix is thinking on a GX camera with EVF and IBIS ...
Aug 10, 2012

Well it may be true, my friend that works at Panasonic here, already told me about a camera like this, a range finder styled and with built in EVF, but have not mentioned about in body image stabilization.

But here on 43 rumors they speak about that, and the camera will be for Micro 4/3, let's see if it is true.

Here is the text from 43 rumors:

"In a bit surprising move Panasonic could announce the “GH3 only” at Photokina and according to one source the GX2 may be scheduled for a mid November release. I have no info about the new GX2 features yet. Recent Panasonic patents disclosed that image of a compact m43 body with integrated viewfinder (de facto like the long rumored Micro Four Thirds version of theLumix DMC-L1 camera). The same patent described the camera having an in body sensor stabilization too. But as usual with patents they may are just here to protect a technology and not to release a real product. Anyway, the good news is that Panasonic engineers are actually thinking on it."

I think that if it is for Micro 4/3 it may have OIS and not IBIS, following the logic.

-- hide signature --

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.

God is the tangential point between zero and infinity.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

God always take the simplest way.

Aleo Veuliah's gear list:Aleo Veuliah's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2 Nikon 1 V3 +4 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow