Questions about moving to a 5DIII from MFT

Started Aug 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
netsurfr
Regular MemberPosts: 131Gear list
Like?
Re: Questions about moving to a 5DIII from MFT
In reply to mgrum, Aug 10, 2012

Thanks I think I'm realizing that only FF will get me the quantity and qualit shallow dof Im looking for and although I know shallow dof is not the only or most important aspects of photography I think I'll be always disappointed with the quantity I get with my mft system. The larger sensor and resulting IQ, pdaf, and option of very fast and actually not too expensive lens choices in ff are all benefits of switching so now it's a matter of size and weight and wether or not I like the 5d3 so I'm ordering one to see.

So in terms of lenses my prriority is a 50mm to start with. I'm not getting the kit zoom cause from experience I won't use it too much so I'd rather get a telephoto zoom down the road. I'll have to sell all my mft gear first.

So I see the 50 1.2, 1.4, and 1.8. I've read some on the 3 so it appears that maybe the 1.2 may not be that much better than the 1.4 and that perhaps I'd be better off buying the 1.4 and a second wide lens (35 maybe?) instead of just the 1.2. Opinions on this?
--
Photo gallery: http://flic.kr/s/aHsjAzYudb

netsurfr's gear list:netsurfr's gear list
Olympus Tough TG-1 iHS Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX50V Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow