So what is the deal with a descent RAW processing SW?

Started Aug 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ruvy
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,622
Like?
So what is the deal with a descent RAW processing SW?
Aug 10, 2012

I know i am not the first one to write about SW here and probably not last but it became a personal matter and I am looking for solution even if in the future.

I have tried several but none matches the ease and logic and quality of major RAW developers available to all none Fuji cameras. Lightroom gets closest but some report smearing, other SW are strange and inadequate to say the least. Yes, they offer ways to go around the problem like via TIFF or other raw formats but those are complicated, take a lot of time and consume huge amount of disk space if left on instead of raw.

I have exchanged mail with the developer of 'RAW Developer' (I think its a Mac only SW) with which I have excellent experience. According to him developing a program for the type of processor X PRO 1 has is very difficult if at all possible. He shares this opinion with other SW developers.

After 10 days trail and a good price I received to buy the camera the only hangup is RAW processing. Yes, I know JPEG are great but I shoot only raw and not having a raw developer in the foreseeable future is really holding me back.

Does anyone know about upcoming descent RAW processor that does all the work we grew to expect from major brands SW and cameras? Is this line of camera is going to remain esoteric niche that no one feel it that writing SW for it makes sense economically? and last but not least, Fuji is selling a camera with a SW package that is not good nor usable by most - isn't it their responsibility to give us a descent SW or to fund development of such SW by other developers?

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow