Pixelflash USB-3 CF Reader - Driver fiasco???

Started Aug 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Leigh A. Wax
Contributing MemberPosts: 851
Like?
Pixelflash USB-3 CF Reader - Driver fiasco???
Aug 10, 2012

Ref: Win7/64, i2600, 16GB-RAM, 1-TB WD Cavier Blk SATA iii HD, Renesas USB-3 Controllers with latest drivers, 16GB Sandisk Extreme 60 MB/s Card with 2.5Gb raw files.

I replaced my Lexar Pro USB-2 Reader with a Pixelflash USB-3 Reader, and the difference in transfer speed was 25 MB/s with the Lexar USB-2 vs 42MB/s; a welcome 17 MB/s increase, but far from the 65.4MB/s that Rob Galbraith measured with the $15 Pretec P-240, with this same card.

Pixelflash Rep. advised that installing the driver for the card reader was required to obtain max. possible speed.

So, I downloaded the driver "package" to a "temp" folder, and clicked on the "Setup" icon, resulting in a Windows error message that it couldn't locate the destination folder.

Next, I retried the download, but selected "Run" instead of "Save, and the driver installed: but when tried testing the transfer speed, the dialog went through more than a minute of "Disk Analysis", before transferring at a "snails pace" rate of 90Kb/s.

Needless to say, I uninstalled the driver, but don't have a clue as to the problem; & no further reply from Pixelflash Rep.

Leigh

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow