Started Aug 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Emil Varadi
Senior MemberPosts: 1,097Gear list
Like?
What after NX2? Or stick with it?
Aug 10, 2012

I've been a very happy user of the now moderately outdated Nikon Capture NX2 with its essential Nik Color Efex Pro3 Complete filters. 32 bits. Having moved to another country I lost all this in a computer crash and have to start all over again.

But nik doesn not seem to support Color Efex Pro 3 any more for NX2, after it brought out the Pro 4 for Lightroom and Aperture. Seeing nik's reactions, I think Nikon is reluctant to pay or agree with nik over the update to Pro 4, so nik refuses to supply the Pro 3 and there is no Pro 4 for the NX2 either. Dang!

So what is the best way to go? Abandon NX2 and buy Aperture with Color Efex Pro 4 filters? Or try to linger on, stick with 32 bit NC NX2, try obtain Color Efex Pro 3 for NX2 (must be avaliable soemwhere) and hope Nikon will come to its senses and put ample effort into software development.

Just do not understand Nikon's reluctance to deal with this issue.

Emil Varadi's gear list:Emil Varadi's gear list
Fujifilm X-S1 Ricoh GR Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24mm f/1.4G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.4G +3 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow