Allow me to be the first to ask this about the 7D update..

Started Aug 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
Roger Nordin
Senior MemberPosts: 1,608Gear list
Like?
Re: Allow me to be the first to ask this about the 7D update..
In reply to MonteCarlo67, Aug 10, 2012

Many people are reporting that they need to re-do their Microfocus Adjustments, if they have been set before the update, and that the new values are different to the old ones. In most cases, the new MA values have been much closer to 0, i.e. it seems the focus is better without the need for much MA. I just upgraded late yesterday, but noticed that my Sigma 50/1.4 that was tuned to +5 MA suddenly front-focused after the upgrade. Resetting to 0 gave me dead-on focusing. Need to go through my lenses again!

And I think we can expect to see a lot of threads about changed behavior of the AF in various situations, such as low light. Both real and imagined ones.

Oh, I saw somewhere the panning with the joystick now should scroll faster in magnified playback view. Don't think that was mentioned in the update notes.

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Roger

Roger Nordin's gear list:Roger Nordin's gear list
Samsung TL350 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Fujifilm X100S Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow