After a day with the DP2M - some thoughts and images

Started Aug 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
RKGoth
Senior MemberPosts: 1,098Gear list
Like?
Re: After a day with the DP2M - some thoughts and images
In reply to rick decker, Aug 10, 2012

rick decker wrote:

Battery Power: Bad...bad...bad...How bad? Well I take the old Army approach - don't ask....don't tell. The only comment I have at this point is "Batteries...don't leave home without them".

See that little cutout on the side, near the battery door?

When it comes to grip design, I think that the killer product for the DP Merrill will be an extra cm or so underneath + grip - a bit like the Leica M grips that replace the bottom plate. In that extra space, batteries. That cutout allows the door to close, whilst using a battery eliminator.

The DP Merrill battery is 4.5Wh, vs 12Wh for the SD1. Yet it's running the same sensor, an LCD pretty much full time, and the same image pipeline. The battery life isn't a surprise given the physical constraints, but it could do with a solution for people who would prefer to carry a small amount of extra bulk in exchange for a longer run time.

-- hide signature --
 RKGoth's gear list:RKGoth's gear list
Nikon Coolpix S8000 Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Sigma SD1 Nikon D4 Fujifilm X-T1 +44 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow