Questions about moving to a 5DIII from MFT

Started Aug 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
netsurfr
Regular MemberPosts: 131Gear list
Like?
Re: Questions about moving to a 5DIII from MFT
In reply to davev8, Aug 9, 2012

Thanks. yes I'd very curious as to the increased size & weight of the FF system vs. the EM5 but my X100 w/ the 35MM equivalent F2 fixed lens & APSC sensor is nice & small and a great carry anywhere camera so then my FF would be for situations I want the best IQ & DOF.

The EM5 & X100 have great IQ but I've never compared them to a FF so this would be something I can't judge until I get my hands on a real one to compare.

I was very surprised at the quantity and quality of not increadibly expensive fast prime & zoom lenses for FF so I was happy about that. I see a lot more prime lenses that would fit my shooting style & wants vs. what you find in MFT even w/ some of the faster primes that are out & some of the ones coming out in the future.

Wasn't aware of the so so quality of the 28MM so thanks for the tip. My favorite FL is 50MM so that's why I would splurge and get the 50MM 1.2 L which I would expect would be used 80 - 90% of the time but I do like landscape shots as well so I will want a wide fast lense & later on a telephoto zoom for those shots that require but I rarely use my telephoto MFT lens so nothing I would be moving on.

I guess this is one of those things that I won't know until I try one to compare but still trying to make sure the price of moving to a FF like the 5D3 w/ the 50MM makes sense!
--
Photo gallery: http://flic.kr/s/aHsjAzYudb

netsurfr's gear list:netsurfr's gear list
Olympus Tough TG-1 iHS Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX50V Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow