Olympics - what is the reality regarding getting cameras in?

Started Jul 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
Youtiger
New MemberPosts: 13
Like?
Re: Pics or it didn't happen :)
In reply to kyjy, Aug 9, 2012

Went to the Copper Box at the Weekend to watch the Handball and went through the same thought process of what kit to take.

The 30 cm rule still allowed a 1D Mkiv and 70-200 2.8 which a fairly decent bit of kit to take into an event where in the end people are just there to watch the game and have a good time. One of the Stewards took a few pictures of me and the GF with it and not even a mention.

I went to some of the test events and had taken a pile of pictures already with the 1D mkiv and 70-200 so took along the 24-105 as just wanted to enjoy the day this time round and just have one body/lens.

Having flicked through the pictures this evening one thing I did notice (besides the obvious lack of reach that the 24-105 will have against the 70-200) was how less sharp the pictures were this time under the same conditions in artificial light. I don't know exactly what the lighting source is (it's bright enough), but I suspect it's jut a big ask of the 24-105.

Don't believe all the rumours about your food being confiscated - we took in plenty and no problem. Water is available on demand as is beer....at a price.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow