Entry level DSLR/DSLT or a hybrid. Good Full HD videos are important.

Started Aug 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
Guidenet
Forum ProPosts: 12,436Gear list
Like?
Re: +1 GH2
In reply to freealfas, Aug 9, 2012

freealfas wrote:

Guidenet wrote:

I"d really be looking at one of the many cam-corders out there. You might be surprised on what it takes to convert an SLR, SLT, or mirrorless model into a successful movie camera. You need a boom stereo microphone that doesn't transmit camera noise to the video.

That's not the case anymore with the newer lenses that Panny/Oly are producing including newer kit lenses. The current lenses are designed to AF silently and not transmit noise to video. A boom mike is a "better" solution but is not necessary to avoid lens noise.

OP, you can google around for video from both cameras and you'll see what's being talked about and also use that as a useful comparison with your decision.

I'm not just talking about silent lenses and everyone is starting to make those. I'm talking about the entire video experience. A boom is way better than the little mics in the camera. Most can't pan smoothly without help of a shoulder device of some sort. The ballhead vanishes and the panhead becomes important. There's a whole line of products to help the SLR owner use their camera for video porposes and I'm not talking professional, but very amateur.

They are even making better viewfinders as aftermarket to make it easier for video production. There's aftermarket storage and so much more. You can get in a deep as you want. Some of it is pretty important just to get reasonably nice video though.
--
Cheers, Craig

Follow me on Twitter @craighardingsr : Equipment in Profile

Guidenet's gear list:Guidenet's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Nikon D3S Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF +24 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow