Started Aug 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
netsurfr
Regular MemberPosts: 131Gear list
Like?
Questions about moving to a 5DIII from MFT
Aug 9, 2012

I have an fujifilm x100 (which I love) and the olympus OMD EM5 along with about 4 lenses & other accessories so a fair amount invested into it. Although I love the EM5 & the 45mm (90 equiv) 1.8 & 20mm (40 equiv) 1.7 prime lenses I find myself wanting a lot more shallow DOF/bokeh on full body or half body shots and although I can get really good bokeh on portrait shots with the 45mm I can't do the same if I want to step away from the subject to include more surroundings into the picture.

Because of this I've been thinking of moving to a FF (5DIII body with the 50MM 1.2 L lens plus maybe the 28MM 1.8 down the road) & sell my MFT gear so I end up w/ the FF for serious shots & keep my X100 as my light/portable fixed focal lens system.

So my questions are:

What other benefits or differences should I consider or be aware of when moving from MFT to this system?

Do APS-C systems provide comparable quality of bokeh on full body shots w/ say 50MM equivalent lenses as FF?

I'll appreciate any insight or things to consider! Thanks

netsurfr's gear list:netsurfr's gear list
Olympus Tough TG-1 iHS Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX50V Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Fujifilm FinePix X100 Olympus OM-D E-M5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow