Juvenile Kingfishers

Started Aug 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
eenymac
Contributing MemberPosts: 880Gear list
Like?
Re: Juvenile Kingfishers
In reply to dock, Aug 9, 2012

Hi dock

I am seriously considering a good prime telephoto and awaiting the release of the Pentax 560mm with interest. If that doesn't pan out then I may consider the Sigma 500mm, from which I have seen some stunning images.

I also want to try to get some video of the Kingfishers so will definitely be taking the tripod with me next time. One other option I am keen to try, which I have used before, is my 80mm ED astroscope. It has the reach, with a 600mm focal length, and can produce some very detailed shots with a boost of contrast in PP. Might give that a go next week as I think we have some good weather coming.

This was a test shot of a Dunnock from a while back at probably about the same distance from me as the Kingfisher. Interesting to use as fixed aperture and manual focus, but worth a shot, if only to exclude it from any further bird photos.

eenymac's gear list:eenymac's gear list
Pentax K-5 Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA 16-45mm F4 ED AL Pentax smc DA* 300mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow