Started Aug 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Mike Plagge
Forum MemberPosts: 97
Like?
TG-1 Indoor Sports
Aug 9, 2012

My wife dropped her camera in the pool a few weeks ago. I has not cleared up (halo/cloudiness) so I believe it is ruined. I'm going to try to take it apart and clean the sensor but I'm also looking for something else. My wife has been pretty tough on the current camera (Elph 300HS). It has several scratches and the paint is peeling off. So I'm thinking about getting a tougher camera.

The TG-1 seems like it would be at least as good as the Elph for most things. One of the things we do a lot of is taking pictures of our kids playing sports (taekwondo, wrestling, soccer). We also take some pictures of the kids sledding, playing in the pool, etcetera. Nothing real demanding but it all adds up.

Anyway, one of the cameras I'm interested in is the TG-1. I know it doesn't have a manual mode (Canon S100 is another possibility for me) but it has a high speed sports mode. Has anyone tried that mode and, if so, how well does it work?

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow