Started Jul 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
Schwany
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,283Gear list
Like?
Re: Excellent Shots!
In reply to billppw350z, Aug 9, 2012

billppw350z wrote:

Schwany wrote:

I think I got two maybe three razor sharp images in a day and a half. That KTM shot is actually pretty sharp when not compressed and downsized via jpeg. The 4th shot is a softy though. It's just a panning example at 600mm where the bike fills the frame from edge to edge. Shooting tight and keeping them in the frame is my favorite challenge. It's not for everyone, and actually not that popular a style anymore now that the really good stuff is being shot with iPhones, and or with massive quantities of blur both on subject and in the background. The times they are a changing.

“Shooting tight and keeping them in the frame” style is still popular with many of us, so keep on taking great pictures.

I shall endeavor to persevere.

The Monterey Motorsports Reunion is next week at Laguna Seca. It's a great event for car nuts. Shelby Cobra is this year's featured marque. Nice opportunity for artsy static car shots as well as shots of vintage race cars going around the track. Since the crowd is usually smaller and of the mature variety, the event is a lot more fun to photograph than the MotoGP.

Thanks for sharing.

Sure it's just pics.

Schwany's gear list:Schwany's gear list
Canon EOS-1Ds Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 40D Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Canon EOS-1D X +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow